Monday, July 6, 2015

Conor, Entry #2, Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese

As I promised before in my last entry, here is the attached video.  This is not the robot using visual odometry, as that leg of the project was completed last week. What we are testing with the robot here is its yaw controller, and how it can sense what angle it is turning. My mind coming fresh off of pre-calculus is an advantage here, because the robot is locating itself based off of radial locations on a unit circle.


So my job was to model and 3D print parts to mount the sonar and infrared sensors, and once the testing for the yaw controller is finished, my parts will be used. I am pretty much completed with the project, so my next task will be to test and calibrate the infrared sensors that my team made. I will most likely start doing that today, but it depends on what time they show up today, as it is nearly noon and they have not showed up yet.

Apart from lab work, my stay in Pittsburgh has been great. This was my first 4th of July spent away from my family, but I still had much to do on this holiday. Pittsburgh hosted a big festival with music, food (I ate the title of this entry), and a big climactic ending of fireworks. Thousands of people packed in Point State Park to watch the fireworks display, and the show did live up to everyone's expectations, as it was one of the best fireworks I have ever seen. It was a great ending to a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment